being inspired online

Thursday, April 11, 2013


Sorry for the recent absence but sometimes I go through phases where I really just feel uninspired. Cooking dinner, getting dressed, blogging... just feels forced. I'm sure this happens to us all at certain times but when I really need a boost of inspiration, I tend to look three places:

Obviously Pinterest is out of control. Search: anything! and you are lost for hours. My favorite part of Pinterest is following the people who inspire me the most. I feel like I can get in to their heads a little bit and that definitely makes me feel inspired. Just a few of my favorite pinners include: Naomi Davis, Emily Henderson, Victoria Smith, and Kate Arends.

inspiring me to: eat clean, use more whole grains, step outside my cooking comfort zone

inspiring me to: plan more gatherings, be more organized in the kitchen, use what's already in my pantry


inspiring me to: focus on pretty details, live colorfully, eat more sweets :)


inspiring me to: make family dinner a priority, plan and shop smarter

I began reading blogs in 2005. I think this may have been right before everyone began blogging because I remember it being pretty new to me. The first blog I ever read was 101 Cookbooks. Heidi was making delicious whole foods and I followed along earnestly! I loved the idea of having a little corner of the internet to share your favorite things, may they be recipes, clothing, crafts, or design with whoever chose to read along. Well to this day I continue to be inspired by bloggers. I have my faves, who I feel have become like close friends just from letting me in to a piece of their life, but I thoroughly enjoy discovering new bloggers as well! The above blogs are a few that I look to for inspiration and that never seem to disappoint. [101 Cookbooks, The Kitchn, Oh Joy, Dinner: A Love Story)

I've said it before, however, She Reads Truth is a total inspiration. Just in general. It makes feel grateful and loved. It's good for the mind and soul. And when I can't make one more interesting meal, be bothered to change out of my sweat pants, or have any sort of energy to do much of anything... it makes me feel inspired.

What inspires you?

1 comments:

  1. This is great CiAnne! Who doesn't love a little inspiration? One I love to view every morning over a cup of coffee: Apartment Therapy :)

    ReplyDelete

c for cianne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger