improvised artichoke dip

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I hate it when I really crave something particular, and come to find out that I don't have the ingredients to make it. A couple years ago, I had a serious craving for spinach artichoke dip. But never having made spinach artichoke dip before, not to add the fact that I had no spinach... kind of a problem. So I examined the contents of my pantry and ended up with this easy, quick, delicious dip. It's been a staple ever since.



Hot + Cheesy Artichoke Dip

Drain and chop a can of artichoke hearts (not the marinated ones, just plain).
Mix with 1 small can diced green chiles [for a little kick], 1/3 cup of mayonnaise, 1 cup of shredded mozzarella, 1/4 cup of parmesan, and season with a pinch of salt and some freshly ground pepper.
Bake in a small crock or an oven safe bowl at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until it is nice and bubbly.
Serve with some pita chips or a chunk of crusty sourdough.



For being improvised, this dip is one you will be making again and again.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm... This looks so good! And relatively easy for a kitchen novice like me!! x

    ReplyDelete

c for cianne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger